Monday, March 18, 2013

My apologies


Earlier today I had posted a piece about Art Directors who are putting down their Xacto knives and becoming Copywriters. I took a tongue-in-cheek look at this phenomena. And it was all from the point of view of a writer who sees the freelance pool getting more and more crowded.

In the post I made the mistake of naming (first name only) a friend of mine who has successfully made that leap. And I mockingly recalled a faux conversation he and I had regarding the creative switch.

I screwed up.

I thought he would be amused by my recollection. He wasn't. And now I feel terrible about what has transpired.

So I have removed the post. And I am prepared to eat crow.

I'm sure I have offended somebody in the past four years, but this is the first time I've had to delete a post and ask for a public apology. I hope my buddy sees that there was never any malicious intent. I also hope I won't have to experience this regret again for another 4 years.

At the very least.

No comments: