Monday, September 12, 2011

And now for something completely different


I am a sucker for gadgets. I like things that do other things to other things. What's that? A do-hickey that carries my whatchamacallits and my thigamajigs. How much?

Last week, I discovered a gadget (that's a technical term for some HTML widget type gizmo) for this blog. It allows me to keep track of the most popular postings. Is it narcissistic? Of course it is. What about this blog isn't? And since so many of you never leave a comment or any indication that you've been here, the Top Ten postings gadget provides that momentary validation that you simply do not.

So I installed it.

Unfortunately, the column did not fit into the template design. And I was forced to do what no copywriter should ever do, I started messing around with the layout. In the messing with the layout I somehow managed to change the template. I didn't want to change the template. I was perfectly happy with the simple, functional design of the previous template. But somehow I lost the old template. And it looks like I'm going to have to learn to love this one.

Years ago, one of the spinning nozzle jets on the outdoor jacuzzi stopped working. I popped the unit out and decided (probably because jacuzzi repair guys charge $450/hour) that I could fix it myself. Jacuzzi repair should probably be added to the list of Things Jew Don't Do. In any case it wasn't a good idea, because once the ball bearings on the spinning jet nozzle spilled out onto the garage floor there was no putting them back in.

Now the water swirls on one side of the tub and is dead calm on the other, sort of like the vortex that was formed just before the stern of the Titanic sunk below the surface of the North Atlantic.

The bottom line is I don't know how to get the old template back.

This may not have been the funniest posting in the 2 & 1/2 year history of this blog. It may not even qualify for the top ten postings. But at least now you'll know where to find them.

2 comments:

george tannenbaum said...

To tell you the truth, I thought you had hired someone to "gussie up" your blog. Not to mention the top posting function which I eyed with envy.

In other words, it looks good.

laurenne said...

I miss the old template. But I am delighted to be able to find the boys with shaved cock quickly. I say it's a win.