Thursday, August 11, 2011

Carmeggeddon 2012


Spotted in my neighbor's driveway.

Hard to believe that the little girl across the street, the one who loved playing big sister to my two daughters, is now driving a car. Poorly, I might add.

It's even harder to believe that today I am dropping my 15 year old girl at her first Driver's Ed class. I swear it was just yesterday that she stood in the driveway, naked as a jaybird, playing with garden hose. I suppose if that were yesterday-- and not 14 years ago -- Driver's education would be the least of my concerns.

But she's 15 now and she'll be driving next year.

When she isn't on youtube or texting her friends, she's spending an inordinate amount of time on autotrader.com. If her driving habits are anything like my neighbor's daughter, I don't think a Volvo will suffice.

Maybe I'll buy her a tank.


2 comments:

george tannenbaum said...

i went through this with my older kid. who, being a city kid, didn't start driving until she was 21.

The longest hour of my life was the first day she drove to work solo.

Three years later, she is a good driver.

A few thousand in dent repair, suspension, etc.

But she's survived.

Leah said...

You may remember that it's the 2nd time in 6 months that S's car looked like this! It happened a couple months ago as well.