Thursday, November 21, 2019

Let's open the Photo Vault


It's a Photo Funny Thursday. Not by choice but by out of necessity. There's just been too much going on in my life for me to sit down and pen an actual post. Too many things that need not be discussed, but often require self medication.

We start our Photo Funny Thursday with the pie chart above. This is an old classic that has earned a permanent residence on my desktop. Every time I look at this monstrosity I am reminded how it is the perfect metaphor for Advertising 2019. Right down to the poorly appropriated shading.

Then there this...


Life has been handing me a lot of lemons lately. I can't make lemonade out of them because they look like this.

Here's one from Halloween.


At least I thought it was for Halloween. Turns out this neighbor leaves this out year round.

And...


This was our minimalist contribution to the Halloween festivities.


Just before Halloween, my wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. I found the ideal anniversary card. As I've said on many occasion, the woman is a saint.


Spotted at my local gas station. A 1972 Super Beetle. The 70 year old owner, dressed like a college professor, told me the car had 380,741 miles on it. Adding, "I'll die before it does."


Speaking of older dudes, These were the spices (and hardly all of them) that we had to clear out of my uncle's house in Palm Springs. Frankly, I had no idea, and I was a restaurant short order cook, that Mother Earth created so many ways to flavor our food.


And finally there's this. Boy, shaving my body hair really has changed my appearance.



No comments: