Thursday, March 5, 2015

Who will be #100?

Here's a dirty little secret about writing and writers.

There are times when I can't come up with an idea for this blog. When I look around me and feel like I've touched on just about everything I want to touch on.

Nothing seems to strike my fancy. Or, more likely I've run out of coffee and find myself to lazy to go the store and buy some more.

Today is one of those days.

That's when I find it best to turn this blog loose on itself.

I started looking at layout of this page and noticed the morticed box in the lower right hand corner. Some of you might even recognize your face. Well, 95 of you might.

You, for some unknown reason, are Members of the RoundSeventeen Club.
Or is Association?
Or better yet, the RoundSeventeen Society of the Enlightened?
I like that.

I don't know why 95 of you have bothered to Sign In. Membership does not have its privileges. I don't send out personal letters of appreciation. I don't acknowledge your birthdays or work anniversaries. There's not even a 40% discount at the R17 Gift Shop.

Nevertheless, I do feel the need to show my appreciation for filling out the form and clicking all the requisite buttons. And I'd like to say that in the future there may be some tangible rewards in the form of a T-shirts, coffee mugs or R17 one gigabyte jump drives.

But I can't.
And I won't.

With all that duly noted, I would like to get 5 more of you to Sign In. For no other reason than to put me over the 100 member mark. I feel that after 6 years of daily postings, some of them even noteworthy, that's not too much to ask.

Also, an added incentive, I promise to commission an entire post dedicated to lucky #100.

Provided of course that person's profile picture does come up like this:






No comments: