Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Book Review


This is not a good book.

It simply is not.

Mind you, I haven't read the Quran in its entirety, but I haven't read Mein Kampf and I know that's not a good book either.

Over the course of the past three weeks, I've seen this book used to justify the practice of grown men marrying 9 year olds girls.

I've seen this book used to justify throwing gay men off the roof of a building.

I've seen this book used to justify the beheading of two Japanese journalists.

I've seen this book used to justify the annihilation of an entire village of Nigerians.

And just recently, I've seen passages cited in this book used to justify the burning of a live human being, who for some unknown reason, was also a faithful follower of the same book.



Funny, I've heard of old Jews citing verse from the Talmud to send cold soup back to the kitchen but never anything about setting blasphemers on FIRE.

For some unexplainable reasons, our President, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and other media pundits are working hard to have us believe that these barbarous acts have nothing to do with what's in this book.

That the individuals responsible for the murder and the mayhem are acting outside the confines of this book and have errantly misread its Scripture.

I don't buy that for a second.
But for the sake of argument, let's say I did.

Even if you were to separate the aforementioned extremism from Islam -- which sadly cannot be done -- the problems do not go away.

Just like the Old Testament (also not a good book) and the New Testament (not a fan of this one either), the Quran has a decidedly Neandarthal opinion of gay people. In fact, it's outright hostile.

The Quran also has some medieval ideas about women.

The Quran speaks quite unkindly about non-believers.

Has rotten notions about dhimmitude.

Forbids bacon -- for God knows what reason.

And the Holy Quran, the perfect word of Allah, singles out my people as descendants of Pigs and Apes. Moreover, the Hadith calls for the murder of my fellow Pigs and Apes.

"The stones and trees will O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him"
--Sahih Muslim 41:6985

So you see, even if you were to do away with the stonings, the raping, the honor killings, the beheadings and the immolations, you're still left with pretty abhorrent beliefs.

In my book, and apparently in this one, even Moderate Islam is Radical Islam.










No comments: