Friday, October 24, 2014

I don't like Fridays.


I hadn't planned on writing a post today; normally I take Fridays off.

However, I received a special request from my friend Mike Folino, who for some unknown reason believed some R17 digital ink written for my loyal 8 readers would garner attention for a project he just finished.

I'm always happy to help a friend, despite my well-honed online persona as a grumpy miscreant. And so I encourage you to visit this website and help spread the word about these touching films. They're about 15 minutes each and they might change the way you look at the world.

Now before you start dashing off an email asking me to promote your sister-in-law's Pickles and Blintzes Deli or your new mobile app that reloads parking meters via your smartphone, you should know this about Mike Folino.

He is a former colleague of mine from Team One Advertising.

Like almost every other writer or art director that worked there, he has gone on to great success as a Chief Creative Officer or Executive Creative Director.

That distinguished list includes: Angelo, Schwartz, Levit, Monteiro, Crandall, Silver, Mazza, Hage, Kadin, Spiegel, Toyama, hell, even the guy who used to push the damn mail cart around became a CCO.

I am such a fucking loser.

The point is, Mike can do something for me.

He is extremely well connected. He produces great work, at a high level (these films and his spots for Visa come to mind) and there is the remote possibility he could throw me a bone in the future, you know should my stellar career writing banner ads for local mattress stores come to a grinding halt.

So please don't bombard me with requests.

I'm looking at you, ColonelLingus2013@hotmail.com.


1 comment:

Adrian said...

Ask not what I can do for you, ask what you can do for me thanks mate.