Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tag it.


Like yesterday's post, today we are also using a misleading picture.

I stumbled across this visual and thought it was too good to pass up. Besides, it's marginally related to today's topic.

Marginally.

You see it's Rosh Hashana.

Happy New Year to all my fellow members of the Tribe.

In the dreary spirit of long drawn out synagogue services, worthless Bible stories about goat herders begetting other goat herders, and the outrageously festive ritual of dipping brown apple slices in honey that has been sitting in the back of the refrigerator shelf since March Madness, it's also that time of year when we discard the old RoundSeventeen tagline and usher in the new one.

The more astute readers will recognize this as one of my trusty fallbacks. That is, an easy way to squeeze out a post when there is nothing much else to write about.

I've employed this trick several times in the past. And to be completely honest, this week I'm feeling a little melancholy because we just dropped our oldest daughter off at college and the emptiness in the house is still quite palpable.

But the funny must go on.

So without further ado, here are your tagline options which I know you will not vote on:


RoundSeventeen. Now with 23% more cynicism.

RoundSeventeen. No shirt, no shoes, no snark.

RoundSeventeen. Irrelevant and built to stay that way.

RoundSeventeen. Your daily dose of self-immolation.

RoundSeventeen. I can't believe I get paid to write this stuff. Oh wait, I don't.

RoundSeventeen. 500 words of fresh jackoffery.

RoundSeventeen. When there's nothing good on BuzzFeed.

RoundSeventeen. A literary exercise in underachievement.

RoundSeventeen. We don't do revisions.

RoundSeventeen. No artificial sweeteners.




2 comments:

Tony Mariani said...

I think we are going to need a brief on this Rich.

Anonymous said...

Honey does not need to be refrigerated.