Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving thanks


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful that I don't have to pick my brain for another rant-worthy post.

I'm thankful that I can, without any guilt, spend the entire day drinking bourbon and watching football.

And I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life that have come to me, not through God, but through:

-- hard work

-- the wise choices made by my parents

-- the good luck to live in a country that celebrates and sacrifices for freedom

-- and the ever-lasting patience of my wife

Most of all, I'm thankful that I have two daughters who recognize a silly photo opportunity and are so willing to indulge their sophomoric father.

OK, I had to force them to stand next to the statue in Portland's Pioneer Square, but at least I didn't have to yell at them in public.

I'm thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving.
And Hanukkah.

No comments: