Monday, November 15, 2010

Sedition Accomplished

Today marks the 366th posting on roundseventeen. Which means 365 posts have preceded it. That was my stated goal when I started this blog in March of 2009.

Inspired by my buddy Mark Monteiro (who has gone into a writing hibernation on his blog), I wanted to force myself to write something everyday for a year.

However, burdened by the responsibilities of being a father, a provider, a chauffeur and a dog doody picker-upper, it quickly became impossible to write every day. Nevertheless I have been quite diligent, some would even say prodigious, and amassed the necessary 365 entires. And now I'm ready to move on to my next project.

When told of my plans to abandon this blog, many friends have thrown their arms up in anger.
"No, you can't stop." Or "I look forward to reading your crazy rants every morning." Or "You have a blog?"

And so, like our military and political efforts in Iraq and other implacable Muslim areas of the world, I'm going to open up another front on the War on Insanity.

I'm happy to say the work will go on. It might even get better. But probably won't.

Thanks for your support.





3 comments:

Ellen November said...

Not the news I wanted on a Monday morning, but okay, so be it. But I won't be quiet until I tell you I had the same intention, only with photographs. Over 960 days ago I set an intention to take one photo per day for 365 days. I did that and just kept on keepin' on for nearly three years. That being said, I am an empty nester and don't have a dog. Just know that you are the funniest person I know.

glasgowdick said...

Ellen, perhaps I was unclear. I'm still going to be blogging. Thanks for your kind words.

BTW, you need to start knowing way other funnier people.

deanslist said...

Let me suggest another tact: Keep writing the Blog until Syracuse Football wins a national championship. (OK, that is a bit selfish of me, how about one blog a week instead?)