Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"For it."

I'd like to apologize in advance for today's posting.

It is the day before Thanksgiving, a day of good spirits and quite possibly one of my favorite holidays: Beer, football and turkey. OK, there's family involved, but that's a small price to pay.

One of the things I am most thankful for is my extraordinary luck.

I was born a white male in America. I make a decent living doing what I love to do. My family is healthy. I have a roof over my head. Some savings in the bank. And delicious food on my table. It's as if I had hit all the numbers in the Galactic Lottery.

If I weren't a Jew, it'd be as if I had hit the Mega-Bonus Number as well.

"You can't be serious, Rich. Anti-Semitism is a thing of the past. We can all co-exist."

Listen closely as this smiling UCSD student (barely 100 miles from my house) attempts at first to appear rational, thanking the lecturer for bringing a diversity of opinion to the matters of the day.

Then discredits the lecturer's attempt to tie the Muslim Student Association with any terrorist organization or terrorist philosophy.

And then, with two simple words, reveals her true feelings (which I suspect is shared by many in the MSA) not about the State of Israel or the government of Israel, but about Jews in general: Zionist, anti-Zionist, right wing, left wing, hawk or dove.

Chilling.

No comments: