Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Nurse, bring me my camera."

I don't normally do this but last week one of my 564 friends on Facebook posted this Youtube video. To be honest I don't even know this fellow, he's a colleague in the ad industry. But I do want to thank him because he is so obviously wired into today's pop culture.

A culture that eludes explanation on a daily basis.

I don't want to get all Gran Torino here, but when it comes to the millenials, I don't understand the music, the tattoos, the piercings.

I don't understand why a 25 year old cannot finish a sentence without dropping "like" between every third word.

I don't understand texting on a phone, a device invented so people can talk to each other.

I don't understand wiggas. I don't understand graffiti. I don't understand how they can make a TV series about cooks making cakes, repo men taking cars or brides buying dresses.

But most of all, I don't understand Pebbelz.
I don't know who she is.
What she does.
And what kind of custom built transportation she uses to get to where she needs to go.
Particularly when she's dragging around our future 51st state.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pebbelz's butt.
I'd like it better if she shared it with three other women.

Here's a video of Pebbelz in action.
It's SFW but NSFWFNRWSR.
Not Safe For Wooden Furniture Not Reinforced With Steel Rebar.








No comments: