Monday, July 12, 2010

The L Word

Last week, was the Kid's Tournament on Jeopardy. We're not big on game shows at the Siegel household, but we do enjoy Jeopardy. My daughters particularly enjoy Kid's Week and the opportunity to best me at topics regarding the Jonas Brothers, Disney Characters and Modern Fashion.

Psychographically speaking, Jeopardy fits me to a tee. When it comes to trivial knowledge I am a Jack of all trades and Master of none. I know a little about a lot, but not the other way around. A personality flaw that goes a long way to explaining my career choice as an Advertising Writer.

Had I applied myself earlier in life or chosen to actually attend those frigid 8:00 AM Physics classes on the campus of Syracuse University, I might at this very moment, be sitting in a state-of-the-art research lab uncovering new and exciting territory in quantum mechanics.

But that's not where I am.

Right now, I'm in my home office, sipping nuked coffee and making light of an unfortunately named 12-year old girl who will go on to high school and suffer endless teasing and constant taunting about her sexual orientation.

"I'll take Self-Loathing for $200, Alex."

1 comment:

Ellen November said...

I'll give you the Daily Double and go for $2,000. I saw that little girl too and did not notice her name, but could only think how badly she needed braces.