Monday, April 5, 2010

Oooops

We make mistakes here at roundseventeen. Not just the occasional spelling error or the use of improper grammar (because of course there is no "we" at roundseventeen, it is only I, or me, whichever is correct.)

But sadly, there are also content errors.

Last week I reported the plight of a Lebanese man accused of sorcery in Saudi Arabia. The religious police had brought these charges against him for the crime of foretelling the future.

After stating the facts I went on to make some rather libelous comments about Saudi society. I was also guilty of making some broad generalizations about the barbaric nature of Muslim justice. Tossing ill-informed, unflattering remarks about a Neanderthal culture bent on stoning innocent people to death.

I was wrong.
And I'm man enough to admit it.

Turns out they don't want to bludgeon this alleged warlock to death with fist-sized boulders.

No comments: