Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mmmmmm, lumbar support

I'm not that big on self indulgence.

Any income I'm able to dispose of, usually gets put in the kid's college fund or the I-don't-want-to-end-up-in-a-dirty-nursing-home fund (401K).

That's why for months I've been fruitlessly trying to repair my old desk chair, with its wobbly casters and broken tilt mechanism.

I can't tell you how many trips I made to Home Depot in the vain attempt to right the ship. Perhaps I should have documented it all and posted Things Jews Don't Do Part 5: Fixing Furniture.

I broke down this weekend and made a trip to a fancy designer furniture store on Beverly Blvd this weekend and picked up an outrageously expensive ergonomic chair. And now I wish I had done this 6 months ago.

Comfortable, doesn't even begin to describe the American-made Mirra. It's as if the concept of 'sitting' has been redefined.

And because the chair is a legitimate office expense, it sits in my house complements of the American taxpayer.

So I'd like to thank you, readers of roundseventeen, from the bottom of my heart.

And thank you Herman Miller.

From the bottom of my ass.

No comments: