Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Felching No-No

Years ago, I had the greatest job in the world.

I was a permalancer at TBWA Chiat/Day. I basically floated from project to project and put out fires wherever necessary. I had the opportunity to help on several victorious new business pitches (Visa & Sara Lee) and helped engineer a fully integrated campaign for Uncle Ben's Rice.

Free from the curse of ambition, I gleefully ignored any office politics and focused squarely on the writing and the concepting. Though not much of the work I wrote actually got produced, I might have been the happiest person in the 100,000 square foot building.

I was also happy that I met another freelancer. He turned me onto some magical software that enabled me to "share" the music on the internal network and fill my iTunes library with all kinds of great music and great podcasts. Everything from classic Led Zepellin to Ben Webster to the incomparable Ricky Gervais.

Well, yesterday while running my daily 3 miles, I came across this selection that had somehow made it into my files. I found a duplicate of the audio on YouTube and today I share it with you...

No comments: