Friday, June 19, 2009

Shhhhhhhhh


One has to be impressed with the outpouring of Iranian indignation over the latest so-called "election".

If only the Iraqis had been so vigilant, perhaps they could have toppled Saddam Hussein without any American intervention.

For the last 4 nights, I've seen hundreds of Iranians gathered in Union Square to denounce the recent shenangingans. At one point I saw an entire crowd stand still in perfect silence.

Not only is this a refreshing change from the all-to-common violent outbursts we've seen in Pakistan, Afghanistan and in the Gaza Strip. It is a monumental achievement.

I have stood behind many an Iranian in the chairlift line at Mammoth, and political correctness notwithstanding, I can safely say that silence does not come easily to these people.

I'd have a hard time picturing 10 Jews, much less a 1000, standing silent for more than 5 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this thing working?