Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scat-tastic


Every once in a while a copywriter will land the dream project.

For some it's a beer account. For others, it might be the opportunity to write about motorcycles or snowboards. Earlier this week, I flew to San Francisco where I was asked to write TV spots for a leading maker of prune juice.

This was a plum assignment (pun dropped intentionally), particularly for any of you who know me from my early days at Chiat/Day, Team One and BBDO. Where, I think it's fair to say, I developed an excellent reputation as a solid writer who can be quite prolific.

I learned a lot about prune juice this week. It's chockful of nutrients, like potassium and magnesium. And it's rich in fiber and anti-oxidants. Of course, people drink prune juice for one reason and one reason only.

But despite my best efforts, sadly there will be no 30-second spot depicting the smooth, yet satisfying "exit interview with Mr. Brown."

No comments: