Saturday, March 7, 2009

Prop 371


Soon the California Supreme Court will hand down it's ruling on Proposition 8, the initiative to ban gay marriage. I suspect they will side with the unenlightened voters of Chula Vista, Eureka and Yucaipa.

Personally, I don't get it. If gay people want to get married, let them. Why should we breeders have a monopoly on misery? It has no effect on my life whatsoever.

I think our state legislators missed the boat on this. If we are going to take something away from homosexuals, it should be their right to use the carpool lanes.

I call it Prop 371 (that's how much the CHP charges for a carpool lane violation.) The Gay Carpool Lane Prohibition promises to lighten our traffic burden by 10%. Ease commuting time by 10%. And let's face it, it will also make us heterosexuals -- who lack the gene for fashion sense, tolerance and design -- feel better about ourselves by about 10%.

Besides, they're carpool lanes, not Adam & Steve Lanes.

No comments: